Sunday, August 19, 2007

Camping

Two nights ago I was stuck "camping' with my family. We brought a tent and pancake mix one mile away to a local campground and set up. Once I got into my sleeping bag the (almost) fun ended. the ground under the tent was hard and lumpy, but eventually I got to sleep. When I woke up at four in the morning, I heard the rain pelting the tent. the ground under me was cold and damp. Then I realised how cold I was. Me+thin fleece sleeping bag+rain=COLD!!! We gave in and drove home where we were gonna stay until sundown and do it again, but we voted and since it was three to my dad, he went and took down camp. Last night I slept in my bed, and never have I been more grateful for a mattress, thick bedding, and insulation!!!

4 comments:

bloody awful poetry said...

I hate camping!
I've never been camping,but I just know I'll hate it.
The mud.
The mosquitoes.
The madness.

bloody awful poetry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
International Mastermind said...

The rain!!!

bloody awful poetry said...

aaaaaaaaaah! the rain!!